Friday, September 16, 2011

Old Saybrook, Essex, Westbrook, Ride






Wednesdays ride began in Old Lyme traveled west to the bridge over the Connecticut River to Old Saybrook and traveled west on 154 to Essex. At the junction of 154 & 153 I turned left onto 153. I followed 153 to the junction of 153 & 166 (Spencer Plain Rd) which took me back to Old Saybrook. On Rte 1 (Boston Post Rd) I headed to Saybrook Point.


I meandored through the beach roads and the various roads that run through Fenwick Golf Course which offers beautiful views of the water, the lighthouses and the stately homes. On Fenwick Ave there is a water fountain in front of the tennis courts providing a good place to fill up the water bottles on a hot day.






Many of the trees near the water are either bare or sporting brown leaves from the salty winds of Hurricane Irene.




No comments:

Post a Comment