Sunday, September 4, 2011

Todays Ride


I traveled over the bridge
And under the bridge

The Baldwin Bridge connects Old Lyme to Old Saybrook and vice versa. Today was the first time I've been out for a longer ride since Irene paid CT a visit. The Connecticut River is a bit brown, I presume from all the debris that's been churned up from Vermont and on down the river. 

The view from Saybrook Pt. looking across the mouth of the CT river to Old Lyme. 

Whenever I ride to Old Saybrook I always like to include a visit to Saybrook Point and Fenwick. Its a fairly flat ride, the largest hill is riding up to and over the bridge. I logged this route on mapmyride.com. If you aren't familiar with this website you can find rides and log your own rides. If you would like to find my routes you'll have to sign up for a free membership then search friends, "ground hog". I've tagged this route Saybrook pt scenic loop.  I will be adding more of my favorite rides so you will be able to view them if you like.

One of the views just before riding over the cause-way to Fenwick
Fenwick to the left, Long Island Sound to the right.


Washed up debris from Irene
More evidence of Irene's visit in the background



I spotted an Osprey along the way

 And this cruiser parked on Main St.
It was a beautiful day for a ride. I hope everyone was able to get out and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment