Friday, February 21, 2014

Back After Two Years

Yes its been 2 years since I've posted anything to this blog. What happened?  It's been so long that I don't really remember. I do know that writing a blog requires commitment and more work than you might think and sometimes you just get tired of posting and run out of ideas. Well the dry spell is over and lots has happened since I last posted.

First of all the Phillips Project has gotten as far as some cleaning and a lot of disassembly. The poor thing has been lying in pieces for about 2 years. Not to worry though, I will get it done one of these days. There's just too much other stuff to do first.



Part of the Phillips tear down included a stuck stem

Like any good bike geek the fleet has changed quite a bit in the last 2 years. The Cannondale Synapse was stolen right out of my garage back in August of 2012. 



Cannondale Synapse Feb. 2012

What a horrible feeling to walk into your garage, look at the spot where you last left your bike only to find its gone! You start to look around as if you might not remember where you last left your bike. Thank goodness for home owners insurance. I was in the process of having a new bike built and was planning on selling the Cannondale. In the end I probably got more money from the insurance company than I could have sold the bike for.  Still it was bothersome that someone came onto my property and took my bike while I was inside my home.


I had a tag sale a week earlier and had moved everything that wasn't for sale (including the Cannondale) to the back of the garage. That way I didn't have to try to drag everything out in the early morning before all the early birds showed up. Note to self, always conceal your valuable, and desirable stuff from dishonest people that might be scoping out your tag sale for nefarious reasons. Also always keep the garage locked.

No comments:

Post a Comment